ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
Our California Data Privacy awareness training is a highly efficient method to train your staff quickly on the states recent legislation. Using a user friendly training format we show you what the California privacy regulations are, consumer rights afforded under CCPA and CPRA regulations, the different types of personal data that exist under the rules, the key risks and core policies expected under the consumer protection acts along with case history of litigation. It also features an interactive quiz for learning reinforcement and a recap of the rules.
Data privacy training is required under the recently enacted regulations, this is your opportunity to meet those requirements in a cost effective way that satisfies legal requirements, reassures customers and informs employees.
Why you and your organization needs this training
The average cost of a data breach in 2022 was $4.35m in the US while GDPR fines such as Amazon’s $877m and Meta’s $275m fines bring home to organizations the serious impact of data privacy today. Data privacy training is mandatory within organizations that hold even relatively small amounts of personal data on customers and employees. Training employees regularly on privacy risks is a proven method for reducing risks of careless mistakes and increasing awareness of the latest threats. This training is a great way to get staff up to speed quickly with insightful content on privacy risks, types of PII, CCPA/CPRA rights, core policies and case history. It also features a quiz to test knowledge and retention of the topics and additonal sections for reference purposes. It also covers top reasons why companies are fined under the regulations. This is important as a strategic component for designing a risk based data privacy program which maps to primary threats.
It’s compact, easy to edit and distribute format is well accepted amongst our clients as compared to expensive LMS alternatives which are content dense and unlikely to be effective for busy employees.
What’s in the training
Our 20 minute training includes coverage of the following areas
- Coverage of the types of personal data (PII)
- Coverage of CCPA/CPRA rights and principles for customers and employees
- Privacy rules for companies (controllers)
- Expected policies under the law
- Legal case history
- Main causes of complaints and breaches
- Email security
- Privacy tips recap
- Useful external references
- Easy to understand, short format which increases trainee engagement
- Orients employees to the risks surrounding personal data and it’s importance for customers and businesses alike
- Reduces severity of fines if there is a data breach
- Easy to distribute to employees in email or shared drives
- Easy to customize content and colors to suit corporate needs
- Easy to present on Zoom, Teams sessions to employees.
- Can also be uploaded to OneDrive and used with Microsoft Live presentation tool
- This training can be complimented with our other, similarly styled products in our shop
- You benefit from frequent product updates (through a notification email list) and faster support should you have questions
Use cases for our privacy training
- Ongoing employee awareness training as required by the regulations
- Part of a HR onboarding pack
- Background information for budgeting and dept risk presentations
- As a reference tool for the compliance function in organizations
- Proof of privacy training compliance to regulators /customers / business partners
- Personal training tool for career mobility / certification
- As an add-on module for existing cybersecurity / compliance training
This presentation is in the latest PowerPoint format (.pptx) which is compatible with Mobile powerpoint players.
It contains 25 slides and is 13mb in size (easy for distribution).
Be sure to check junk mail in case you didn’t get your download link on checkout
This product is a subscription product which is charged on a per seat basis. For volume purchases e.g. 50, 100, 250, 500 and enterprise perpetual license, contact us using the contact us page.
Payments / Refunds
Monthly subscriptions are in effect until canceled. Refunds are limited to technical issues that cannot be resolved via troubleshooting. Major credit cards, PayPal and bank transfers are accepted.
If you have questions about this product, use our contact us page and we’ll be happy to respond quickly.